QED in a nutshell
Quality eating and drinking, facilitated by Londoners for Londoners — if you read all about us, you'll see where we fit into the Capital's food culture. A key point is that we are local, with a London focus (though not, we hope, just inward-looking and parochial), and we can therefore be agile enough to fit into London's ever-changing environment. We hope that you will enjoy our London Life column, our recipes and reviews, and we hope you will participate in our events (of which we have a combined total of over fifty years' experience). Put this all together, and we have all arguments laid out and proven — QED.
The Art of Fine Food
QED is delighted to be collaborating with Team Rex at Central St Giles to bring you a very different Christmas Market and pop-up shop/exhibition space.
Tuesday 18 December to Sunday 23 December inclusive: 1200-1800 daily.
Central St Giles, 1 St Giles High Street, WC2H 8AG.
Team Rex have curated a must-to-see collection of iconoclastic international street artists – an exhibition of alternatives to Banksy. Experience their quirky, startling offerings as you shop for food presents and larder luxuries produced by fine artisans or sourced by discerning food importers, and brought to Central St Giles by QED. Confirmed so far, we have
- Bruno’s French Bakes — artisan BBC Good Food Show bursary award baker of all manner of sweet and savoury patisserie
- The Dessert Deli — acclaimed Christmas Cakes and mince pies
- Free From Bakehouse — glorious gluten-free goodies
- Green and Blue — organic, biodynamic and natural wines
- Guidetti Fine Foods — incomparable Italian imports
- Norfolk and Suffolk Speciality Foods — South Asian inspired chutneys and relishes
- Une Normande à Londres — cut French cheeses, charcuterie, terrines and condiments for the Christmas table
- Rainha Santa — Portuguese conserves including Elvas sugar plums
- Silvija Davidson — nuts of distinction
Keep checking back for the latest additions.
We are also pleased to announce that Carolyn Tripp ceramics will be available to purchase.
Look in on our breaking-news mini-site for the latest information on The Art of Good Food as it becomes available.
Scenes from a QED market in 2011
We try to let you know about food, drink, books and other stuff we have tried, through our reviews. Our QEDLife newswire is the lifeblood of QED between events: you'll see the recent activity listed to your right. The most recent entry is given in full text below.